I love Southwest Florida, it is a place for those that love paradise and it is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With its white sand, clear water, and mild climate, it’s no wonder that this region is a popular destination for tourists and locals alike.
If you’re wondering which are the best beaches in Southwest Florida, here are a few of the ones you should check out:
- Siesta Key Beach is known for its world-famous white sand, which is so fine that it feels like you’re walking on powder. The beach is also home to a variety of activities, including swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and shelling. Siesta Key Beach has won the best beach in the US several years, it is near Sarasota.
- Lido Key Beach is another popular beach in Southwest Florida and very close to Siesta Key. It’s a bit larger than Siesta Key Beach, but it’s just as beautiful. Lido Key Beach offers a variety of amenities, including restrooms, showers, and a playground.
- Sanibel Island Beaches are known for their abundance of seashells. In fact, Sanibel Island is often referred to as the “Shelling Capital of the World.” Now that Southwest Florida is recovering from Hurricane Ian, the beach is back to open and looking more beautiful each day. The beaches on Sanibel Island are also home to a variety of wildlife, including dolphins, manatees, and pelicans.
- Marco Island Beaches are known for their calm waters and beautiful scenery. The beaches on Marco Island are a great place to swim, sunbathe, and relax. Honestly, the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen has been at the beach in Marco Island.
- Naples Beach is a beautiful beach located in the heart of Naples. The beach is known for its clear water, white sand, and stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico. If you’re going to Naples Beach, make sure you’re patient, it seems to get more packed every year.
Here are some additional tips for planning your beach vacation in Southwest Florida:
- The best time to visit Southwest Florida for beach weather is during the winter months (November-April), this is what we call our season. The weather is warm and sunny.
- If you’re planning on visiting during the summer months (May-October), be sure to pack plenty of…