Hello and welcome to your coffee break, here I will share productivity tips and one of my famous coffee recipes. Today, I am starting with tips on how to stay productive after lunch. Honestly, I tend to be hyper productive in the morning and that same productivity significantly decreases after eating lunch. But there are certain things I do to stay productive in the afternoons:
- Plan out your day. Leave the tasks that require most of your mental energy for the morning, that way in the afternoon you can do tasks that are easier. I usually start my day with the most daunting task on my list and go from there. After lunch, I rather focus on replying to emails, editing, or planning content.
- Eat a well balanced lunch. Include produce, protein, and healthy carbs in your meal. Make sure you eat enough to give your brain energy to take on the rest of the day, but don’t eat too much or you’ll be tempted to take a nap (I’m guilty of this!)
- Get active. Go for a short walk after lunch, get some sun, and disconnect from your work. You will feel so much better when you get back to your tasks. If you cannot go out, walk around your office or do some exercises at your desk.
- Don’t be afraid to take a break. Many times I get so caught up with my list that I feel like I cannot take a break, and in reality that just makes my productivity plunge even more. If you need a break, take it. At the end of the day the task will be there and it’s better to take a 15 minute break and not a 4 hour unproductive work time.
- Set a power hour. I read this tip many years ago and it works so well that I still use it daily! Set yourself to power through an hour of work, put your phone and other distractions away and commit to work straight for one hour. After the hour take a small break, then do it all over again!
It is also ok to give yourself some grace and accept that some days will be more productive than others, that is just life. Now, let’s make a Biscoff Iced Coffee and get back to work!